Sole ST90 Treadmill
The most remarkable and innovative design of this Sole ST90 treadmill is its slat belt design. This revolutionary technology just increases the safety and comfort while using the treadmill. The conveyor belt style of dimension 60in(L) X 20in(W) design provides a smooth-running surface and…
Sole ST90 Treadmill Review
We’re busy putting together our in-depth review for the Sole ST90 treadmill.
For now, check out our quick verdict below and what customers think of this running machine.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll regularly update this page to bring you more detailed info, including our experience, like-for-like comparisons, and much more.
If low-impact exercise is important to you, or a slatted belt is an absolute must on your features list, the ST90 will do the job – and at a great price.
It’s early days, but the Sole ST90 feedback has been positive so far. Customers are pleased with the price point, ease of use, and customer service.
The features are what you’d expect for a $3,500+ treadmill, and it does everything as advertised.
Our primary concern, however, is the warranty. It seems strange that it’s not as generous as other products in the Sole Fitness Range. For example, their flagship F85 treadmill includes lifetime cover on the frame and motor.
Perhaps it’s because the ST90 is new to the range, and manufacturing processes are still being tweaked – we’re not sure.
We recommend saving $1,500, buying the tried and tested Sole F85 instead, or upping your budget by $400 and getting the NordicTrack X32i – currently the best treadmill for 2023.
Why Trust Fitness Savvy’s Sole ST90 Review?
Before we delve into the treadmill review, we want to give you five great reasons Fitness Savvy’s reviews are the most reliable and trustworthy.
- Fitness Savvy CEO Robin Young writes all reviews. Robin is an experienced fitness expert who innovates new ways to build muscle and lose fat. Robin’s body re-composition series on YouTube is popular, and his new workout forms part of a cutting-edge study – due to be published in 2023.
- While other review sites hide prices behind buttons like “click to see the best price,” we’re transparent – you’ll always see the prices without having to click through to another site.
- As a price comparison website, we provide options so you can choose a preferred retailer and get the best prices. We might earn a commission, but we’re not limiting your options and directing you to whoever pays us the most.
- We schedule regular product page updates. Technical stats for treadmills change regularly. While we cannot guarantee that all info on our site is 100% correct (no one can), we work hard to ensure it’s as accurate as possible.
- Our unique Savvy Score accounts for factors such as customer feedback, testing analysis, and product features based on price point. Read more about how we review and rate products.
What Customers Think of the Sole ST90
We looked online and discovered three customer reviews of the Sole ST90. This is a new addition to Sole’s exciting treadmill range, so we’ll keep checking for more customer reviews as they come in.
- According to one reviewer, the ST90 is the best-priced slat treadmill – a great alternative to the Woodway treadmill.
- Operation is smooth and quiet.
- Overall, the running machine feels sturdy and well-built.
- Customer service is responsive and happy to resolve issues promptly.
- Setting the ST90 up is simple, thanks to the easy-to-follow instructions.
- One reviewer states that the slatted belt feels better than on standard running machines.
- Adjusting the speed seems sluggish, according to one customer.
- One buyer experienced issues with the assembly – which they paid for.
- At 365 lbs, the machine is extremely heavy and will require several people to move and assemble safely.
- The warranty is not as good as others in the Sole Fitness range.
Other Treadmills Under $5,000
Check out other treadmill options for under $5,000.
My Experience with the Sole ST90 Treadmill
We’ve not had a chance to test this treadmill ourselves yet. Once we do, we will bring you a detailed analysis.
Check back for more info – we regularly update our product pages as soon as new data becomes available.
About the Sole ST90 Running Machine
The ST90’s main selling point is the slatted belt. Slat belts produce lower impact than traditional running decks, respond to speed changes, and can typically take more mileage before breaking down.
Considering this, the 3-year deck warranty doesn’t seem right. We expect this style of running belt to take years of abuse – which warrants at least five years’ coverage.
This seems odd and means we don’t fully trust the quality of the ST90’s slatted belt.
For this budget, you should expect 15%+ of incline, and the ST90 delivers here. 15% provides a challenging workout and a variety of intensities.
The Sole Fitness range now includes tablet holders. Users can attach a device and work out with various apps, including Studio. Studio is Sole’s alternative to iFit.
While the overall features are what you should expect at the price point, the warranty is a big letdown.
We would also like to see a larger running surface. While 20″ x 60″ is decent, and should be more than enough for most people, similarly priced (and cheaper) machines come with wider belts – typically 22″ x 60″. The NordicTrack Commercial 2450 is a great example.
The NordicTrack X32i has an even larger surface of 22″ x 65″!
Unless a slatted belt is an absolute must for your treadmill, we can’t recommend this machine. As previously suggested, you’re better off saving money and getting a better-rated machine or increasing your budget and opting for the NordicTrack X32i.
- Running deck size: 20″ x 60″
- Motor: 2HP AC
- Top Speed: 12.5 mph
- Incline: 15%
- Maximum User Weight: 330 lbs
- Screen: 10.1″ Touchscreen
- Warranty: 5 years frame and motor, 3 years deck and electronics, 1 year parts & labor
Sole ST90 Assembly Guide & User Manual
We’ve included the user manual and video assembly guide to help you get the most out of your ST90 treadmill.
Other Popular Sole Fitness Treadmills
Specification: Sole ST90 Treadmill