Sole F85 Treadmill
SOLE’s F85 is designed to handle the hardest workouts. Sole’s highest rated foldable machine with unmatched durability combined with some of the most innovative high tech features.
Sole F85 Review
Here you’ll discover everything you need to know about the F85 treadmill – including what customers think, our thoughts after testing, how it compares to others for this budget, and much more.
If you don’t have time to read the entire guide, you can check out our quick verdict below.
The Sole Fitness F85 treadmill makes the top spot in many “Best Treadmill” guides for a good reason: it has a fantastic lifetime warranty on the motor, deck, and frame; it can accommodate users of up to 400 lbs; it’s sturdy and feels as good as commercial treadmills.
The overall features meet or exceed what you should expect for the price, while customers and professional reviewers alike sing its praises.
However, the Savvy Score of 9.2 wasn’t enough for the F85 to make our best treadmills for 2023 list in the US. The ProForm Pro 9000 is $200 cheaper at the time of writing and scored an incredible 9.6 out of 10, taking the crown for the best home 2023.
What Customers Think of the Sole F85 Treadmill
Fitness Savvy looked online and discovered 130 online user reviews of the Sole Fitness F85 Treadmill. Overall, this running machine scored 4.3 out of 5. Users were pleased with the simple assembly, generous warranty, and sturdy and solid build quality.
- Customers said that the Sole F85 feels gym-quality.
- The clear and easy-to-understand instructions make it simple to set up.
- Most users agreed that the console – although basic – is intuitive.
- The build is sturdy and solid.
- The F85 has a high maximum user weight of 400 lbs.
- With a foldable design, this running machine is great for saving space.
- The lifetime warranty for the frame, deck, and motor is a huge selling point.
- One person commented on poor mobile app connectivity.
- Some units get louder with time.
- A few buyers said that they received faulty units.
About the Sole Treadmill F85
For years, the Sole F85 has topped multiple best buy lists across the globe. With hundreds of happy customers singing its praise, the F85 is still at the top of the game – and it’s easy to see why.
Featuring a large running deck of 22″ x 60″ (55 x 152.5 cm), the F85 treadmill is a great cardio machine – suitable for beginners or experienced runners – tall or short.
With a powerful 4.0 continuous CHP motor, this machine can smoothly facilitate users of 400 lbs at top speeds of 12 mph and inclines of 15%.
Sole Fitness also backs up the quality of the frame, deck, and motor with an unbeatable lifetime warranty – providing peace of mind in case anything goes wrong.
The 10″ backlit touchscreen monitor displays vital details such as heart rate, speed, and pace and includes ten workout programs to accommodate a variety of training preferences and goals.
The dated console was a major gripe of previous versions. The newer model includes a tablet holder and connects with a range of apps – including Studio – an alternative to the popular Icon Fitness app – iFit.
How Does the Sole F85 Compare With Other Treadmills?
One of the most important things when researching a treadmill is to compare it with others in the price range.
As you move up in price, you should expect higher-quality features.
You should also heed what other customers have to say. That’s where our Savvy Score comes in.
We rate the treadmill on cold, hard stats such as running area, motor power, incline percentage, screen size, top speed – and more – then combine our score with the customer ratings.
The Sole F85 achieved a Savvy Score of 9.2 out of 10 – an excellent result. However, it wasn’t the highest-rated treadmill for the price. Below you’ll find a table showing how the Sole F85 stacks up against the current competition.
Below is a comparison table showing the main features – side by side. We’ve also taken the time to explain the differences in more detail.
Sole F85 vs F80
A standard comparison is made of the Sole F80 vs. F85. Let’s take a look at the key features.
- Overall User Rating: the Sole F80 scored higher from user reviews at 4.5 vs. 4.3 out of 5.
- Running deck: both running decks are equal in size.
- Motor: the F85’s 4.0 CHP motor packs more power than the F80.
- Incline: both treadmills feature a 15% incline.
- Screen size: The F85 has a larger screen at 10.1″ vs. 9″.
- Warranty: the warranties offered are the same for both models.
- Maximum user weight: There’s not much in it here, but the Sole F85 edges it with 400 lbs (182 kg) vs. 375 lbs (170 kg).
- Price: At the time of writing, the F85 is $400 more expensive at $2,099
The main difference between the models is the motor size, max user weight, and display. The Sole F85 boasts a larger display monitor and more entertainment options.
We also noticed the F85 is constructed using larger rollers at 2.75 inches vs. 2.5 inches.
Our take is this: unless you weigh over 375 lbs, there’s not much reason to spend $400 more.
Users seeking greater interactivity will likely attach a tablet and subscribe to Studio or a similar app, rendering the larger display redundant.
However, if the larger monitor and more powerful motor are important to you, opt for the Sole F85.
Sole F85 vs. NordicTrack 2450
Moving on, we have the Sole F85 vs. NordicTrack 2450
- Overall User Rating: Users rated the NordicTrack 2450 higher, with 4.6 vs. 4.3 out of 5.
- Running Deck: The running decks are the same size.
- Motor: The NordicTrack and F85 both sport a 4.0 CHP motor.
- Incline: Both machines feature a 15% incline; however, the NordicTrack 2450 includes a 3% decline.
- Screen size: At 22″, the newest 2450 screen is twice the size and offers more interactive training options.
- Warranty: Sole Fitness wins the warranty showdown with lifetime on frame, motor, and deck vs. NordicTrack’s 10-year frame and 2-year parts cover.
- Maximum user weight: NordicTrack treadmills, in general, appear to have lower maximum user weights. Here we have 300 lbs vs. 400 lbs. The F85 smashes the competition in this department.
- Price: The F85 is currently $500 cheaper than the NordicTrack 2450.
So, which should you get? If interactive training is important and you can’t do without a decline setting, then the NordicTrack 2450 is for you.
Although the customer ratings for the NordicTrack 2450 are better, you can’t escape the warranty facts: if the motor gives up after two years on the 2450, you’re going to be paying for a new motor.
If you want a treadmill built to last and are happy with a smaller screen and fewer workout options, save yourself $500 and get the Sole F85 – better still, save $900 and get the Sole F80.
Sole F85 vs. NordicTrack 1750
Finally, we deliver the comparison between the Sole F85 and NordicTrack 1750. We’ve seen the NordicTrack 1750 top many best treadmill lists, and we don’t feel this is justified. Check out the comparison below to see what we have to say.
- Overall User Rating: At 4.3 out of 5, the Sole F85 received better customer scores. The NordicTrack 1750, in comparison, only received 4 out of 5.
- Running Deck: All the running decks we’ve compared here are the same size.
- Motor: At 4 CHP vs. 3.75 CHP, the Sole F85 wins this battle.
- Incline: Both treadmills allow a 15% incline setting; however, the NordicTrack 1750 – like the 2450 – includes a decline setting.
- Screen size: The NordicTrack wins the screen size showdown with 14″ on the new version vs. 10.1″.
- Warranty: As previously mentioned, Sole Fitness wins the warranty showdown with lifetime on frame, motor, and deck vs. NordicTrack’s 10-year frame and 2-year parts cover.
- Maximum user weight: The Sole F85 has the highest maximum user weight of all treadmills we’ve reviewed at 400 lbs (182 kg) vs. 300 lbs (135 kg).
- Price: At the time of writing, the NordicTrack 1750 is slightly less expensive at $1,899 vs. $1,999.
We have a clear winner here – with a Savvy Score of 9.2 vs. 8.6, the Sole F85 takes the gold. It received better customer reviews, has a higher maximum user weight, has a superior warranty, and has a more powerful motor.
The NordicTrack 1750 does have better entertainment and interactivity options, a larger screen, and a decline option; however, the less favorable customer reviews, sub-par warranty, and weaker motor mean that this treadmill comes in second this time around.
My Experience of the Sole F85
During testing, it was clear that the Sole F85 is built to last. It was easy to set up, with clear and easy-to-follow instructions.
The Sole F85 is unlike many treadmills from other brands in that the warranty is for life. We’ve mentioned this a few times – but there’s a reason for this: A large number of bad reviews for other running machines come down to poor customer service or warranties expiring and then the motor packing up. You won’t face these issues with the Sole Treadmill F85.
One of our main criticisms is that the machine seems slow when changing speed. It takes several seconds to change, and it feels a little sluggish. We believe this is a design feature to prevent overstressing the motor.
The other drawback is the limited workouts and entertainment options. While the touchscreen monitor is large enough to see key info, and the sound system and fans work just fine, it doesn’t come close to the interactive iFit workouts on the Proform Fitness & NordicTrack treadmills we’ve tested.
Alternative Treadmills Under $2,000
You’ll find a vast selection of treadmills under $2,000 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best running machine.
F85 Sole Treadmill Features & Benefits
- Top speed 12 mph
- Incline up to 15%
- 4.0 CHP motor
- Cushion Flex Whisper running deck
- Running surface: 22″ x 60″
- Quick Touch keys: speed and incline
- Front and rear rollers for easy transportation
- 10.1″ TFT LCD: heart rate, speed, pace, calories, message board
- 10 workout programs: Manual, Hill, Fat Burn, Cardio, Strength, Interval, User (1-2), HR (1-2)
- Heart rate monitoring via built-in hand pulse receiver, chest strap compatible
- Bluetooth: Sole Fitness App, Health Kit, Fitbit, Record, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal, Facebook, Twitter
- MP3 player compatible
- Stability bar
- Accessory tray
- Aluminum side-rails
- Cooling fan
- Max. user weight: 400 lbs
- Product weight: 308 lbs
- Dimensions: 82″ x 37″ x 66″ (L x W x H)
- Dimensions Folded: 44″ X 37″ X 71″ (L x W x H)
- Warranty: Lifetime Frame, motor, and deck; 5 Years Parts; 2 years labor.
Sole Treadmill F85 Manual
If you’ve lost your copy or want to check it out before buying, here is a PDF of the Sole F85 Treadmill owners’ manual. It includes the assembly guide, parts list, Sole F85 treadmill troubleshooting, and general set-up instructions.
Sole F85 Assembly
Sole F85 Treadmill Best Price & Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the best price on the Sole Fitness F85 folding treadmill, then you’re in the right place! At Fitness Savvy, we compare prices from top retailers, including Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and many more. With prices changing daily and new discount codes appearing regularly, you should check back here before you buy home fitness equipment.
Check out the latest vouchers and offers below to see if you can save more and get a great deal on this product.
Other Popular Sole Fitness Treadmills
Why Trust Fitness Savvy’s Sole F85 Treadmill Review?
Here are five great reasons Fitness Savvy’s reviews are the most reliable and trustworthy.
- Fitness Savvy CEO Robin Young writes all reviews. Robin is an experienced fitness expert who innovates new ways to build muscle and lose fat. Robin’s body re-composition series on YouTube is popular, and his new workout forms part of a cutting-edge study – due to be published in 2023.
- While other review sites hide prices behind buttons like “click to see the best price,” we’re transparent – you’ll always see the prices without having to click through to another site.
- As a price comparison website, we provide options so you can choose a preferred retailer and get the best prices. We might earn a commission, but we’re not limiting your options and directing you to whoever pays us the most.
- We schedule regular product page updates. Technical stats for treadmills change regularly. While we cannot guarantee that all info on our site is 100% correct (no one can), we work hard to ensure it’s as accurate as possible.
- Our unique Savvy Score accounts for factors such as customer feedback, testing analysis, and product features based on price point. Read more about how we review and rate products.
Specification: Sole F85 Treadmill