ProForm Pro HIIT H14
Dive into a total-body immersive training experience with the Pro HIIT H14 elliptical. With 26 resistance levels and a 5-inch elliptical path your legs will get a great workout as you climb any mountain from the comfort of your living room. And with a 30-day full access iFIT family membership…
ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Review
- The ProForm H14 has a great range of motion – so even taller users (6’4″+) should find this cardio machine suitable
- Its compact design makes it perfect for smaller home gym setups
- If you’re looking for a quiet piece of exercise equipment, then the HIIT H14 should suit you – most customers mentioned how quiet it is in their reviews
- A large proportion of customers bought this machine for the iFit features which they say they are pleased with
- One customer reports that he is about 35 lbs under the max user weight and that this machine is capable of supporting him, although it does wobble a little bit
- Those caught in two minds between a stepper or elliptical machine will find the HIIT H14 is the perfect mix
- As we’ve encountered with many ProForm products, the customer service appears to be pretty bad
- Several customers report rattling noises or the machine breaking down within a few weeks of use
- The display console must be unplugged to power down which can be a nuisance
- When it comes to assembly, it’s not as easy as other fitness equipment options to put together – some people recommend having a professional install it
Alternative ProForm Cross Trainers
Compare prices and read reviews on a range of ProForm cross trainers at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best cross trainer for your needs.
About the ProForm Pro HIIT H14
HIIT training is a form of exercise whereby you train at full (or near full) capacity for a period (let’s say 30 seconds at a high intensity) and then perform a recovery period – perhaps a minute or 2 at a lower intensity. Studies show that as much can be achieved in just 5 – 10 minutes as a full-length standard cardio workout. For this reason, it is perfect for those with less time or who prefer to exercise for shorter periods.
Until recently, Bowflex monopolized the market with their Max Trainer stepper/elliptical HIIT hybrid. Their machines are highly rated and filled a gap in the market where people wanted stepper machines but did not have the height to accommodate them.
ProForm has entered the market with a cheaper, comparable alternative. The ProForm HIIT H14 has received generally favourable reviews from both customers and professional product review sites.
The console centres on the iFit app (which does require a paid subscription) and allows users to train with interactive workouts across a range of scenic global locations. One of the big selling points is that the machine automatically adjusts to fit the training program and location. This means no two workouts will be exactly the same.
The machine’s design means that while you step (and work the hamstrings, calves and quads) you can “box” with the handles. The result? A full-body workout, more muscle activation and a higher calorie burn.
Complete with a 14″ touchscreen monitor, 26 resistance levels, built-in fan and speakers, the ProForm Pro HIIT H14 is the perfect all-rounder cardio machine.
In general, customers were very pleased with this machine, however, some have criticized ProForm’s customer service. It also seems strange to customers (and us, to be fair) that the console must be unplugged.
Alternative Cross Trainers Under $2500
You can check out reviews and ratings of cross-trainers under $2500 at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right elliptical for your needs.
ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Specs
- 26 digital resistance levels
- 14″ Smart HD Touchscreen
- Elliptical stepper movement – feet travel on a 10-inch vertical and 5-inch horizontal elliptical path. This motion is great for burning more calories and building strength.
- 30 lbs Inertia enhanced flywheel
- Dual EKG pulse grips
- Oversized, cushioned pedals
- iFit Bluetooth compatible (iFit is a subscription service which is chargeable after the free trial)
- iPod/MP3 compatible
- 2-inch speakers
- Max. user weight: 325 lbs
- Product weight: 225 lbs
- Dimensions: 170 x 76 x 162 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor (when registered within 28 days)
Alternative Cross Trainers & Ellipticals
With so many cross trainers & ellipticals to choose from, we want to make sure you make the right choice. Compare prices and read reviews of suitable alternatives listed below.
Specification: ProForm Pro HIIT H14