ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer
ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer Review
The ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer is a dedicated cardio machine, designed to help users achieve maximum results in minimum time using the ever-popular HIIT (high-intensity interval training) method. out of 549 online customer reviews, this stepper machine scored 3.5 out of 5. Users were pleased with the stability, range of resistance levels, and low noise, however, US customers found support staff difficult to get hold of.
- A sturdy, well-built machine, according to most users.
- The footprint is small (74 x 132 cm), so great for those with less space to set up fitness equipment in their home gym.
- Users found this machine to provide a better workout than a treadmill.
- It comes with a wide range of resistance levels (24), which users old and young found to be more than sufficient to provide an intensive workout.
- The instructions are straightforward so should take around one to two hours to assemble.
- Two reviewers claimed this to be the best piece of workout equipment they ever purchased.
- Several customers chose this workout machine due to knee joint issues. They report that the ProForm HIIT Trainer was ideal, and much better than a treadmill when it came to impact level.
- Quite a few customers received items with parts missing, or faulty components.
- Those who had issues with their product in the US criticized customer service. They appear to be difficult to get hold of.
- One reviewer reports that the stats were wildly inaccurate. While out of breath, expecting a heart rate reading of 150 – 160, the display read 80, for example.
- A larger user (110 kg / 250 lbs) found that the machine squeaks when using it, however, his wife was able to use it without any unexpected noises.
- Some users were confused and annoyed when prompted to enter payment details to get the display working. This, however, can be bypassed by holding the Bluetooth button down for more than 30 seconds. If you do this, the display will come on and work without entering payment details.
About the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
Built with an inertia enhanced flywheel, and featuring an impressive 24 digital levels of Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR), the ProForm HIIT Trainer suits users of all fitness levels.
The versatility of the machine is evident in the 32 pre-set workout programs. These apps allow you to target various goals within four main categories – Calorie Goals (8), Intensity (7), Speed (8), and Incline (8).
The 7″ LCD feeds back key data including calories burned, time, distance, speed, intensity, and pulse. The large screen makes all of this important data easy to read and digest.
You’ll receive accurate heart rate data, thanks to the Dual EKG pulse grips. However, note that one reviewer said that both handles must properly be held for accurate readings. When only one hand was on the sensors, the info appeared to be inaccurate.
The machine comes with other important features such as a water bottle holder, transport wheels, cushioned pedals, and integrated tablet holder.
Features, Benefits & Specs
- 32 pre-set workout programs
- 24 digital resistance levels
- 40 cm (16″) stride length
- 7″ LCD monitor – feeds back speed, time, calories burned, intensity, distance and pulse
- Elliptical stepper movement – feet travel on a 10-inch vertical and 5-inch horizontal elliptical path. This motion is great for burning more calories and building strength.
- Inertia enhanced flywheel
- Dual EKG pulse grips
- iFit Bluetooth compatible (iFit is a subscription service which is chargeable after the free trial)
- iPod/MP3 compatible
- 2-inch speakers
- Max. user weight: 350 lbs
- Product weight: 180 lbs
- Dimensions: 52″ x 29.25″ x 66.7″ (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labor (when registered within 28 days)
Best Price, Deals & Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the best ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer price, then you’re in the right place! At Fitness Savvy, we compare prices from top retailers including Argos, Amazon, eBay, and more. For this reason, you should always check back with Fitness Savvy before you buy home gym equipment.
Also, we include the very latest, up-to-date discount codes and vouchers. Check out the ones below to see if you can save more on this cardio trainer.No coupons found.
ProForm HIIT Vs. Bowflex MAX Trainer
The market for low-impact elliptical/stepper hybrids is dominated by two products – the Bowflex MAX Trainer, and the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
If you’re unsure which is best for you, we’ve taken some of the work away and highlighted what makes each item stand out.
- Price – the most important thing for many people is the price. The ProForm HIIT comes in at $999 compared with $2,299 for the Bowflex MAX Trainer M8.
- Customer Review Score – while it is certainly cheaper, the ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer scored just 3.5 out of 5 from nearly 600 customer reviews compared with 4.6 out of 5 for the M8.
- Footprint – at 74 x 132 cm vs. 122 x 78, the ProForm takes up more floor space – 252 square centimeters to be precise. To put in perspective, this is about 16 x 16 cm of extra room, so not a huge difference, to be fair.
- Resistance Levels – the ProForm wins this battle, with 24 digital resistance levels vs. 20 for the MAX Trainer. That said, many reviewers stated that they never got close to the higher levels on either machine.
- Max. user weight – the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer wins hands down on this front at 350 lbs vs. 300 lbs for the MAX Trainer.
- Warranty – in the US, the ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer comes with 2 years parts and labor warranty and the MAX Trainer M8 has 3 years parts, but only 90 days labor.
- Other Features – the ProForm includes speakers, is iPod compatible, and has more pre-set workout programs (32 vs. 7)
So, which should you choose? If budget is a limiting factor then the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer will do the job. Some reviewers who tested both preferred the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer, so there is real competition between these two home cardio machines.
The Bowflex MAX Trainer does score higher from customer reviews, but most of them at this early stage are from the manufacturer’s own website. From our experience, the websites of brands tend to receive higher review scores than other outlets.
Time will tell, but at half the price, it is difficult to justify spending twice the amount on the MAX Trainer M8.
ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer Manual
In case you’ve lost your copy, or want to check it out before you buy, here is a link to the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer manual PDF. It includes the assembly guide, parts list and general set up and maintenance instructions.
Popular ProForm Fitness Products
In addition to the HIIT Cardio Trainer, ProForm Fitness produces a wide range of high-quality fitness products. Check out and compare the ones below.
Specification: ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer
Bluetooth, Calories, Calories Burned, Distance, Heart Rate, iPod Connector, Speed, Time
Bottle Holder, Display, Fan, hand pulse, Heart Rate Monitor, Incline, iPad Holder, Resistance, Wheels/Rollers, Workout Programmes
|Max User Weight|
|Pre-set Workout Programmes|