NordicTrack S15i Studio Cycle
- 30-Day iFIT Family Membership Included; on-demand workouts on your equipment with Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Add up to 5 users; Elite trainers adjust your equipment (dollar 39 value)
- 15 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams & on-demand iFIT workouts directly to your equipment, provides easy stats tracking; Adjustable display allows for 360-degree screen rotation
|Price history for NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle (S15i and S22i) Includes 30-Day iFIT Family Membership
Table of Contents
NordicTrack S15i Review
We understand that this does not tell the full story, so by combining the customer rating with our analysis, we have awarded the S15i Spin Bike a Savvy Score of 8.9 out of 10.
- The NordicTrack S15i has an incline and decline setting – something we found pretty rare on spinning bikes but a feature that customers are happy with.
- As with most NordicTrack and ProForm products, buyers opted for this machine due to the iFit capabilities – a feature that most reviewers were pleased with.
- A 360-degree rotating monitor means you can use iFit for other activities, such as Yoga and pilates, which adds an extra level of versatility.
- The bike comes with a small set of hand weights – yes, this seems a little gimmicky; however, many customers appreciated this added extra.
- With 22 resistance levels, a powerful fan, and a 14″ monitor, this bike ticks many of the feature boxes we look for.
- One customer reported a list of issues (faulty bearings, pedal falling off, faulty controller, and creaking noises) that have still not been fixed after waiting for 8 months.
- Some buyers said the motor gets quite loud when the incline and decline mode is activated.
- The bike feels cheap due to the plastic parts.
- Numerous customers reported the controller failing or other mechanical issues within a few weeks or days of use.
- Customer Service appears to be appalling, and this is something we’ve seen on several NordicTrack and ProForm product reviews.
Alternative NordicTrack Exercise Bikes
Compare prices and read reviews on a range of NordicTrack exercise bikes at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best exercise bikes.
About the NordicTrack S15i Commercial Studio Cycle
We noticed while compiling this review that these negative customer comments relate to the 2019 and 2020 versions of this bike. However, we notice that NordicTrack has taken these issues on board, and it looks like the new and improved 2021 version has sorted many of them.
Read on to find out more.
Here is the story so far… NordicTrack is looking to compete with Peleton with its smart bikes.
Unfortunately, the S15i 2020 version doesn’t really cut it. In short, it’s a great bike for the money (on paper) so long as you receive a well-functioning model; however, many customers said they had issues right from the start. It’s a shame because other products from NordicTrack and ProForm have far better ratings. For example, the ProForm Studio Pro 22 is priced about the same yet scored an incredible 9.2 out of 10 with no customers complaining of faulty products. It really does seem like certain items have underlying design issues, which Icon Fitness (who own ProForm and NordicTrack) seem to ignore until…
We have noticed that the new version of the bike has been improved – and this model has just landed. Here is what NordicTrack says has been improved on this new version:
- Upgraded 14″ monitor
- Faster internet connectivity
- New quiet drive inline tech (sorting the issue that customers said regarding the motor being loud on incline and decline settings)
- Commercial great steel construction
- Enhanced trainer control (some people complained that the resistance settings were limited to levels 4 – 7 on other products)
With this in mind, the 2021 version of the S15i should be a much better product. It’s your call, but it seems like this might be worth the investment; however, if you’re still unsure, perhaps wait for some reviews for the 2021 version before pushing the button!
Alternative Exercise Bikes Under $1500
You’ll find a huge selection of exercise bikes under $1500 at Fitness Savvy. Check out the alternatives below to find the best exercise bikes.
Features, Benefits & Specs
- Inertia Enhanced Flywheel
- 22 digital resistance levels
- -10 to +20 degrees of decline/incline
- Powerful AutoBreeze workout fan
- 14″ full-color touchscreen display monitor
- iFit Coach enabled
- Heart rate monitoring via hand pulse sensors and a Bluetooth Smart wireless receiver.
- Dual water bottle holder
- 2 x 1.4 kg (3 lb) hand weights
- Oversized levelers
- Adjustable, padded seat – both vertically and horizontally
- Extra-wide ergonomic pedals. They include tow cages and adjustable straps
- Includes transport wheels to make relocating the spin bike easier
- Max. user weight: 350 lbs
- Dimensions: 135 x 56 x 156 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 5 years frame and 2 years for parts and labor. Regarding parts and labor, the product must be registered within 28 days to get the second year.
Alternative Exercise Bikes
You can check out reviews and ratings of exercise bikes at Fitness Savvy. Compare features and prices and find the right bike for your fitness goals.
Specification: NordicTrack S15i Studio Cycle