Bowflex MAX Trainer M6
Bowflex Max Trainer M6 Review
The latest addition to this ever-popular HIIT cardio training series is the Bowflex MAX Trainer M6. Improving on previous versions, this cross-trainer and stepper machine hybrid currently scores an impressive 4.7 out of 5 from 476 online customer reviews. Professional reviewers also praise the machine with many giving it full marks. Users were pleased with the range of workout options, the quick and easy setup, and compactness
- Most reviewers felt that the Bowflex M6 represents fantastic value.
- Great for those with knee joint problems. This is because it is a low-impact machine.
- Quick and easy to set up – should take an hour or so.
- Compact and easy to move around if needed.
- Users are happy with the range of workout programs and versatility.
- Multiple reviewers commended the quietness, with one saying it is the quietest cardio machine she has ever used.
- The customer service at Bowflex was great at helping customers with problems, as reported by the majority of reviewers.
- A buyer who previously owned an M5 was impressed with the new features stating that the ergonomics were far better and the handlebars greatly improved.
- The plastic materials are flimsy, according to some buyers, making it look “cheap” and in one instance was already separating from other sections upon opening.
- A small number of users report that the machine is not sturdy, with one reviewer attributing it to the 1/4″ lateral give in the rollers. This, in effect, makes the foothold feel loose.
- One reviewer was unhappy with the faulty unit they received. They were sent a replacement part to fix the issue, which did not work, and were repeatedly sent other replacement parts to try and fix the problem which became frustrating.
Check out the latest Bowflex Discount codes to see if you can save even more on this product.No coupons found.
About the Bowflex MAX Trainer M6
The MAX Trainer M6 is the latest addition to this Bowflex cross trainer/stepper series. The whole concept of this machine is to combine the calorie-burning power of a stepper and low-impact motion of the elliptical.
The unique design makes the Bowflex MAX Trainer smaller than a traditional elliptical, so saves on space. With the addition of wheels/rollers, it is also easy to relocate within your home.
Famed for its HIIT (high-intensity cardio training) options, the Bowflex boasts fast workouts with great results. This cardio trainer features a 14-minute and 21-minute interval training option which is great for those who prefer intense workouts or are limited by time.
Compared with other models in the series (notably the M7 and M8) the M6 has a smaller footprint.
With many improvements to its predecessor, the MAX Trainer M5, the M6 is certainly worth a look. We’ve examined the main features and compared them with the M5, as well as others in the series, to help you better understand this model.
Improvements to the M5
Firstly, we thought it best to check out the improvements to the previous model. The main thing we noticed was the larger console, which is re-positioned to make it more accessible.
Bowflex has also improved the tablet holder, adding a magnetic component for easier and more secure attachment.
Other minor improvements include the addition of a USB charger, Bluetooth heart rate monitoring and enhanced color scheme.
Users will also be able to connect to the new Bowflex JRNY App.
The Bowflex JRNY App
You might have been wondering what this new Bowflex JRNY app is all about. Firstly, let’s make it clear that this app requires a subscription (which costs $149.99 per year).
With this app, custom workouts automatically change intensity and time as you improve. This helps users maximize results without spending more time planning how to progress.
The app features “Max”, a virtual trainer sho encourages you, giving an extra push to help break plateaus and take you to your limits. You’ll also receive rewards and celebrate new PBs – all in real-time.
You’ll discover a library of trainer-led videos as well as educational content. All of this will be presented and recommended based on previous workout history and habits.
If you’re not sure of the compatibility, we found that the Bowflex JRNY™ App works with Apple devices (iOS 11.0+) and most Android devices (version 6.0+)
Features, Benefits & Specs
- 16 resistance levels – some cardio machines feature lots of resistance levels, but they all feel the same. The Max trainer is not one of those. We found most users never reached the higher levels of resistance!
- Backlit console display – the monitor feeds back key info such as calorie-burn rate, time, distance, resistance level and more.
- Workout programs – 5, including the famous 14-minute HIIT workout.
- Add time feature – easily add additional time to your workout at the touch of a button.
- Magnetic media tray – keep your devices secure with this improved media tray attachment.
- Multi-grip, dynamic handlebars – customers praised the improved handlebars in their reviews. Three different positions help users activate a higher percentage of upper-body muscles.
- Up to 2 user profiles – perfect for those with more than one user who is keen to use the machine and wish to set up their profile and track their own stats.
- One-touch buttons – quickly and effortlessly change resistance levels and add time to your workout.
- Heart rate monitoring – keep track of your heart rate and keep it in the ideal range with accurate heart rate monitoring.
- Sports performance pedals – secure your feet with these premium pedals.
- Transport wheels/rollers – easily relocate your MAX trainer.
- Other features – includes a water bottle holder and USB charger
- Minimum ceiling height – it’s important to ensure you have enough space. For this machine, you should add 38 cm (15″) to the tallest user’s height. This will provide adequate headroom.
- Max. user weight: 300 lbs
- Product weight: 148 lbs
- Dimensions: 117 x 66 x 163 cm (L x W x H)
- Warranty: 2 years parts, 90 days labor.
Best Price & Discount Codes
If you’re looking for the best Bowflex MAX Trainer M6 price, then you’re in the right place. At Fitness Savvy, we compare prices from top retailers including Argos, Amazon, eBay, Sports Direct and many more. With prices changing daily, and new discount codes appearing regularly, you should check back here before you buy home fitness equipment.
Check out the latest vouchers and offers below to see if you can save more and get a great deal on this product.No coupons found.
Bowflex MAX Trainer vs. ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
The market for low-impact elliptical/stepper hybrids is dominated by two products – the Bowflex MAX Trainer, and the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer
If you’re unsure which is best for you, we’ve taken some of the work away and highlighted what makes each item stand out.
- Price – the most important thing for many people is the price. The ProForm HIIT comes in at $999 compared with $1,599 for the Bowflex MAX Trainer M6.
- Customer Review Score – while it is certainly cheaper, the ProForm HIIT Cardio trainer scored just 3.5 out of 5 from nearly 600 customer reviews compared with 4.7 out of 5 for the M6.
- Footprint – at 74 x 132 cm vs. 117 x 66, the ProForm takes up more floor space – 2,046 square centimetres to be precise. To put in perspective, this is about 45 x 45 cm (17″ x 17″) of extra room, so not a huge difference, to be fair.
- Resistance Levels – the ProForm wins this battle, with 24 digital resistance levels vs. 16 for the MAX Trainer. That said, many reviewers stated that they never got close to the higher levels on either machine.
- Max. user weight – the ProForm wins hands down on this front at 350 lbs vs. 300 lbs for the MAX Trainer.
- Warranty – in the US, the MAX Trainer comes with 2 years parts but only 90 days labor, compared with 2 years’ parts and labor for the ProForm HIIT.
- Other Features – the ProForm includes speakers, is iPod compatible, and has more pre-set workout programs (32 vs. 5)
So, which should you choose? If budget is a limiting factor then the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer will do the job. Some reviewers who tested both actually preferred the ProForm HIIT Cardio Trainer, so there is real competition between these two home cardio machines.
The Bowflex MAX Trainer does score higher from customer reviews, but most of them at this early stage are from the manufacturer’s own website. From our experience, the websites of brands tend to receive higher review scores than other outlets.
Time will tell, but at half the price, it is difficult to justify spending twice the amount on the MAX Trainer M8.
If you still like the idea of the Bowflex, the MAX Trainer M3 and MAX Trainer M5 are cheaper versions, and both have scored favorably with reviewers.
Manual & Assembly Instructions
In case you’ve lost your copy, or want to check it out before you buy, here is a link to the Bowflex MAX Trainer M6 manual PDF. It includes the assembly guide, parts list and general set up and maintenance instructions.
Specification: Bowflex MAX Trainer M6
Adjustable Handlebars, Bluetooth, Display, Heart Rate Monitor, iPad Holder, Resistance, Water Bottle Holder, Wheels/Rollers
|Max User Weight|
Bluetooth, Calories Burned, Distance, Heart Rate, Speed, Time
|Pre-set Workout Programmes|